Check out The POV Lounge Main Website for contests and upcoming events.

http://thepovlounge.webs.com/

Friday, June 19, 2009

Following a Difficult Passion

When I first started From A Writers POV I did not seek advice or help from other magazine owners. I just had a vision and wanted to see it come to light. Now that From A Writers POV has been going strong for two years, I want to do more with and I'm looking to build a book publishing company.

It's easier said than done let me tell you. I know this project will be much more expensive than it is to simply start a magazine. So this project will take a while and much more money. But what I've been doing is seeking the help of others. Asking around just whatit takes to get into the business. I actually don't have a strong vision for it. It's something I want to do to give many of the readers of the magazine a place to publish their book even if they are not known or are not best sellers.

So when I went asking, no one was able to help. It wasn't that no one could help, I don't think any of them wanted to. They were giving me links on how I should hire them to get started. They were saying I should figure out what the content of this company will be rather than looking into what it costs. I was shocked. Some of the networks I am on speak so highly of how we are supposed to help each other, yet no one wanted to help. So instead of asking others, I went to the library and the internet. I found out a lot of info in both areas.

I said all of that to say this, if you have a dream that you are passionate about, yet you do not know what to do to get it started, you do not know any details about what it takes to build this dream, keep looking until you find your solutions. Don't allow others or dead ends to stop you from following the dream you have. Keep pushing and find resources to get you started. I know I haven't. Building a book publishing company id a dream of mine and I plan to bring it to the light soon. As long as you have a passion like that in your heart in due time it will come as long as you continue to follow the path of it.

Signing Off,
Dominique Watson