Check out The POV Lounge Main Website for contests and upcoming events.

http://thepovlounge.webs.com/

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Get to know the contributing writers of From a Poetic POV; Marjorie Banks

All this week and some of next week, I will be speaking to the contributors of From A Writers POV first book Compilation. I spoke with Don Savant last month concerning the project and this week we are talking to those that are contributing.

Today we are talking with Marjorie Banks. Read her interview below.

















Dominique Watson DW: How long have you been a poetry writer?

Marjorie Banks (MB): Since I was 12 years old
DW: Tell us a little about who you are.

MB: A Christian, Mother and Grandmother, Admin Assist. for a Foreclosure Prevention Non-propfit Agency

DW: What made you decide to participate in the compilation?

MB: The dream to be published and to help others be published

DW: What type of flavor do you believe your poems will bring to the book?

MB: Life, living life as a Mother and Grandmother, my poetry is about things that happen to me or to people I love.

DW: What does poetry do for you?

MB: Releases my fears, frustrations and dreams. Let's me say what I really need to say.

DW: What do you believe your poems do for the reader?
MB: Show them that other people have the same fears and thoughts as they do.


More of Marjorie's work can be see here: http://www.webook.com/

She also gave us a sample of what we can expect from her in the upcoming book:

"I Tried to Laugh Today"

I tried to laugh today,

But cried instead.

I tried to smile today,

But ran the other way.

I tried to love today,

But hated instead.

I tried to see you today,

But you looked the other way.

The book is due out in August!


Signing off,

Dominique Watson