Check out The POV Lounge Main Website for contests and upcoming events.

http://thepovlounge.webs.com/

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Que Jacobs: Contributing writer in From a Poetic POV

Continuing today, we are speaking with the contributing writers of From a Poetic POV. Today we are speaking with Que Jacobs. Read about her below.













Dominique Watson (DW): How long have you been a poetry writer?
Que Jacobs (QJ): I have been writing poetry since I was in high school. Wow, that would mean I have been writing poetry for about 20 years or longer.

DW: Tell us a little about who you are.
QJ: What can I say about myself? I am a mother, wife, daughter, educator, sister, and auntie. I love to write because it allows me to get away and wash away the dirt of the day. I also love to read because for a moment I get to enjoy the fictional or nonfictional lives of others. I also enjoy arts and crafts because they allow me to show off my creative side.

DW: What made you decide to participate in the compilation?
QJ: I found it to be a great idea. I enjoy being apart of projects that are productive. I felt like this project would be a way for a great group of people to get together and do soemthing spectacular.

DW: What type of flavor do you believe your poems will bring to the book?
QJ: I don't know exactly. My poetry is going to depend heavily on what mood I'm in when I write. My mood dictates a lot of what comes out in my poems.

DW: Have you published a book before? If so, tell us about it. If not, when do you plan to publish your first book?
QJ: I have had two publications thus far. My first publication is a poetry compilation entitled, "Emotionally Unhinged: A Poetic Expression of Sorts." It was written while I was going through a bad period in my life. It is the result of going through and making it out. My second publication is entitled, "A Spiritual Walk: Journaling with Christ." This journal was put together to provide a companion for me to document my spiritual journal with Christ. Many times we look for a way to keep track of the knowledge we gain while going through our spiritual development and this journal is just the place for that.

DW: Is this your first compilation project? If not, give us details about your previous compilation.
QJ: This is my first compilation project. I am really excited about being a part of it.

DW: What does poetry do for you?
QJ: Poetry is a release for me. It allows me the opportunity to sort through my emotions without all the drama. My poetry is a reflection of my emotional state.

DW: What do you believe your poems do for the reader?
QJ: It touches each reader differently. Most readers that have read my work feel that it helps them deal with their own situation. They also state that many of my poems they can relate to their own experiences.


Here's a sample of what we can expect from Que in From a Poetic POV

"What's all the Hype!?"

What is all the hype
Yeah I got a couple of pounds here and there
Hell I think I look pretty good
What's the big deal
Let me see you have three kids, a dog and a husband
Hell I like the way I look
I think I'm fine as...

From a Poetic POV is due out in August!
Signing Off,
Dominique Watson