Check out The POV Lounge Main Website for contests and upcoming events.

http://thepovlounge.webs.com/

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Follow the Crowd with Social Networks.

People always say to be a leader. Don't be a follower. In this case, I say be a follower. When it comes to trying to find what's hot and what's not, follow the crowd. Get involved in what everyone else is doing.

When I first got into doing my magazine I wasn't really apart of any social networks. I was in a few small groups but nothing big. At one point people were talking about myspace and how great it was. I finally got into it once enough people told me about it. After myspace came the ning network. Ning was already well established before I even knew about it but that's where everyone was so I went. I joined tons of networks. Of course later realizing I didn't need to be apart of all of those. Then Facebook and Twitter came. I was very iffy about Facebook. To me it's seemed like another myspace. What was the point? But it wasn't until someone else rang my ear about it and I finally joined. My last and current stop was twitter. After a while you know what happend, I joined twitter.

I realized that even though I was apart of a lot of social networks, they helped my magazine. It was just another way to get people to notice From A Writers POV.

My advice to any one looking to get more exposure in something, first get internet and computer smart :) and them check out some of the hot social networks around the internet. See what can help you get your book or business noticed. It doesn't hurt to follow where the crowd is. You have something to say too, right?

Before we end today's blog...

Check out this month's edition of From A Writers POV: http://www.fromawriterspov.webs.com/

Signing Off,
Dominique Watson