Check out The POV Lounge Main Website for contests and upcoming events.

http://thepovlounge.webs.com/

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

How to Get in the Spotlight as an Author.

It's very simple, get noticed. We have so many resources on the internet, we join so many groups, use those resources. One thing I hate to see is people who freely join a group or social network and then don't participate. They sit in the members section taking up space then complain about their book not getting the attention it deserves or that no one knows them. Stop sitting in the memebrs section and collecting dust. Participate!!!!!

My thing is, I only join a group I know I will participate in. I don't get to all of them daily, but I have a few that get my participation more than others. That's simply because they offer more of what I'm looking for.

Ning offers so much as well. Blogs, groups, friends. You can do all that, send small emails once a week and stay active. Myspace, Twitter. The resources are there you just have to use them.

In order to get noticed as I said, participate. You can also post blogs on your groups. Keep it active with information about you, your book or business. Post comments to other friends pages. Post tweets as often as you can on twitter. Make friends with people. Follow other people. Join groups that offer what you are looking for or groups that you know you will participate in.

If you are apart of an organization, get involved in that organizations events. Whatever they have going on that will help you advance in your writing career, do it. All it takes is a little research and a little participation and people will start to notice you!

Before we end today's blog...

Be a Guest Speaker on The POV Lounge. Do you have some tips and advice on writing, marketing, editing, publishing, etc. We want to hear your advice and tips. http://fromawriterspov.webs.com/guestspeaker.htm

Signing Off,
Dominique Watson