Check out The POV Lounge Main Website for contests and upcoming events.

http://thepovlounge.webs.com/

Saturday, August 15, 2009

How useful is the library to a writer?

I previously spoke about the importance of research. My main points were for using the internet for stories and novels. You can also use the library.

As a busy woman, sometimes I need some peace and quiet. I have a library that's right around the corner from my house. I like to go there alone on Sunday's. Sometimes I check out a book, look up a book on an interesting topic or I simplyl take my notebooks there and write or get work done. You can also use the library to research information for your book.

Some people think it's old fashion to check out books at the library but a lot of people still do it. Not only do they use the internet but they use the library as well. I'm one of those people. I like the internet, but sometimes I like to read things the old fashion way. You can go to the library, get on the computer with the libraries catalog and look up books that are available. While you're there, use that time to write down some of the information you get from the books before you take them home. Trust me, the library has tons of resources for us writers. Even books on writing.

So when it comes time to research, don't count out the library.

Before we end today's blog...

Post your poems to the Open Poetry Cafe: http://fromawriterspov.webs.com/apps/blog/

Signing Off,
Dominique Watson