Check out The POV Lounge Main Website for contests and upcoming events.

http://thepovlounge.webs.com/

Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Writer's Lounge

This weeks Winner of the "Vacation Theme" is Dana. The title of her writing was "Paradise Island"

Read and comment on her winning writing.

As I finished packing our last few items, my mind lingered to our first trip to the Bahamas. We were so in love then, still fighting our way through the ups and downs of a new relationship. It was ten years ago, this week, that we made that wonderful trip. Ah, the memories. My wonderful husband, James, wasn’t always so caring, and neither was I. The tests and trials of marriage have made this trip, to Paradise Island, a welcomed vacation.
I reserved a room at a wonderful hotel a distance away from all the action. Our room overlooks the ocean with its beautiful blue hues and soothing waves. Other than a phone in the hotel lobby, basically for emergencies, we have no form of contact to the rest of the world. Our purposed is to have a great time for love and mental therapy!
I lingered in the living room looking at our wedding pictures wondering what happened to the love we once shared and, GOD, can we get it back? The children had grown without us; our goals had changed many times. The sounds of waves crashing against white sand took over my thoughts.
Then I heard the shaking of keys.
Marie,” my ever loving husband was ready to go, “it’s time to go or we will miss our plane.”
“Oh, I’m ready!” I said with great enthusiasm.
We locked up the house, walked out the door and were on our way! Both of us hesitated as we pulled out of the driveway as if to say, this is it; another try. Seven days of date nights, late mornings, and rekindling a love lost.
“Did you call your mom?” I asked him, hoping he wasn’t too worried about being away.
“Yes, everything is fine.”
“Great. The younger kids are situated. The next seven days are for us!”
We boarded the plane with a sense of anticipation for what lies ahead.
When we got out of our taxi, in front of the hotel, reality hit me hard. I could feel a wave of emotions fill my body and take over my mind. As the waves hit the shore on the other side of the building and the heat from the afternoon soon ignited my body, I remembered why I married James; not out of lust, but of love. The love that keeps his smell in my nose after he’s showered and gone to work. The love that keeps me praying for him when he is not with me. WOW! God, I know you have a plan this week.
Our room was a wonderful suite, created just for us! A large living/room dining area with a kitchenette and a two person patio. The bedroom had a large king bed with tall cherry wood bed posts, huge pillows (I love pillows) and soft lighting. The carpet throughout the suite was so plush it was like walking on clouds. Needless to say I was on cloud nine just being away from home!
Before we end today's blog...
There's a new theme this weel "The Affair" Check it out and submit your writing to The Writer's Lounge: http://thepovlounge.webs.com/thisweekscontest.htm
Signing Off,
Dominique Watson