Check out The POV Lounge Main Website for contests and upcoming events.

http://thepovlounge.webs.com/

Saturday, August 1, 2009

From a Poetic POV-First Poetry Book Compilation

Today we are speaking with Don Savant on a follow up interview to his book compilation with From A Writers POV. Read the full interview below.



Dominique Watson (DW): What is the name of the compilation?
Don Savant (DS): From a Poetic Point of View


DW: How did this idea come about?
DS: It came out of a brainstorm really. I was browsing the POV network and looking at all the different people gave me the idea to attempt to get this project together.


DW: What were your expectations when bringing this compilation to light?
DS: I had very high hopes that a number of people would at least show and interest in what I was trying to do.


DW: How long did it take to put this project together?
DS: It didn't take long at all, about a month to draw interest and gather submissions and another month to put everything together.


DW: How was the editing process? Production process?
DS: The editing process is always the most tedious part because you have to go over it again and again to make sure that you didn't miss anything the first few times. Production is the easies part with the publisher that is being utilized.


DW: What can we expect in this compilation? List a few author names.
DS: The reader can expect some very inspirational and testimonial pieces in the compilation. A few of the authors featured are Dominique, Pov's Owner, Que Jacobs, Marjorie Banks, and myself to name a few.


DW: Will you ever do this again with From A Writers POV or any other organization?
DS: This will be my second compilation, the first which was put together my myself with authors from a message board that I belong to. I am confident that there will be a volume two and that it will be even bigger and better than this one.


DW: Where exactly can the book be purchase or how can someone purchase this book?
DS: After each author has been given a chance to purchase his/her copies to sell or do as they wish, the book will be available for purchase for those individuals that choose to do so as well as on lulu.com.


DW: Now that this project is finished, what are you working on now?
DS: I am currently in the process of getting my second PublishAmerica release entitled My Song: Poems in the Key of D published, as well as putting the finishing touches on Inside the Asylum Vol. 2 (Poetry and Lyrics for Your Mind, Heart and Soul). I'm also putting together a book of Poetic quotes.


DW: Any last few words about the project to our readers?

DS: Well, first and foremost, I would like to thank God for placing me in a position were i could make something like this happen. To be published is a dream for most writers and I'm hoping that this will add to everyone's writing credits and helps elevate them to the next level of their writing. To the readers, expect great things. This group of individuals is talented, and everyone has their own authentic voice and the messages laid out are very clear.



Check out http://www.fromawriterspov.webs.com/ to get a glimpse of the book and to be notified the day the book is available.



Signing Off,

Dominique Watson