Check out The POV Lounge Main Website for contests and upcoming events.

http://thepovlounge.webs.com/

Friday, June 5, 2009

Poetry Compilation: Guest Speaker Don Svant

Today we have a very special guest. We are talking with Don Savant. He is a writer at From A Writers POV. His column is "Don Savan't Relationship Corner" http://fromawriterspovarticles.webs.com/relationshipsmale.htm

Today Don is joining us to talk about a new project he has going on with From A Writers POV. I'm excited about this project because I believe it's a great opportunity for those that love to write poetry. Read about this new project in Don's interview below.


Dominique Watson (DW): Don, thank you so much for joining us at The POV Lounge. We are glad to have you and glad to be speaking about your new project. Give us some brief details about it.

Don Savant (DS): Basically, I want to create something that will include as many POV members as possible. It will be a means to showcase yourself and also present what would be considered underground poetry in a way that will hopefully inspire others. The fact that we're all strangers that share not much more than a love for writing and creativity makes it even sweeter.

DW: What exactly are you looking for other writers and authors to bring to this compilation?

DS: I'm looking for the participants of this project to bring themselves to this project. By that I mean, the work that is submitted should represent each individual's voice in the best manner possible.

DW: What will the writers and authors get out of this project?

DS: Being involved with this project will hopefully bring a sense of accomplishment to each writer. Especially those that have yet to see their work in print. It is my wish that it will inspire them to want to continue to have their voices represented whether it's through projects such as this or ones of a personal nature.

DW: How successful was your last compilation?

DS: My last compilation was actually my first. It took a while to put together for several different reasons. It was done and published last year and it has been a great tool for everyone that was involved. I am currently working on the second volume as we speak and the first one was just placed into the Amazon.com Marketplace by lulu.com.

DW: Do you have a link for us to view it?

DS: http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/life-inside-the-asylum/2500803

DW: When do you expect this project to be finished and published?

DS: I'm hoping for a release of mid to late July.

DW: You told me earlier that you are looking for an editor and distributor. Speak about that for us. What exactly are you looking for and how can people with this service contact you?

DS: I am capable of serving as editor for this project just as I do my others but sometimes it's good to have another set of eyes looking over things. As far as distribution goes, it would definitely be nice to have if we can work out compensation so that everyone will be paid equally for their contributions. I can be contacted at real.writersllc@gmail.com concerning those aspects of this project.

DW: How can writers and authors contact you? What are the steps they need to take in order to begin the process of this project?

DS: Pertaining to this project, authors and writers may contact me either on POV, or at my real.writersllc@gmail.com address. Any personal e-mails or correspondence may be sent to don.savant@gmail.com.

DW: Is there anything else you would like to say to the readers to let them know about your project?

DS: I would just like to say that this project has the potential to be something special. The talent is there, the resources are there so, with the proper networking and participation, there is absolutely no limit to what we can accomplish together.

DW: Thanks so much Don, I wish you great success with your project and I hope to hear back from you soon on The POV Lounge about this project.

DS: I thank God for you Dominique. I thank Him for sending you my way and for you offering me a spot in the space you've created for us. May your blessings continue to multiply and humble you indefinitely.

I was so glad to speak to Don about this project. There is really no reason for poetry writers to not get involved. We are always looking for great projects to get involved in with our writing. Here it is! I encourage all poetry writers to contact Don about this and get involved. Your writings could be read by many!

Before we end today's blog...

Don't forget to check out our online writing course. Registration ends tomorrow for our first session. You can register here: http://povonlinewritingcourses.webs.com/

From A Writers POV now offers The Open Poetry Cafe. Members can freely submit poems to our blog. Be sure to read the rules and you must be a member of our magazine in order to submit. http://fromawriterspov.webs.com/apps/blog/

Signing off,

Dominique Watson