Check out The POV Lounge Main Website for contests and upcoming events.

http://thepovlounge.webs.com/

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Poetry Tips and Advice with our Guest Speaker Charles Johnson

Today we have the pleasure of having a guest speaker and it's perfect timing because this speaker is speaking about poetry and our Ning Network is hosting Poetry Week Workshop! Join us at our workshop: http://fromawriterspov.ning.com/group/thepovwritersworkshop

Today our guest speaker is Charles Johnson. He is speaking about poetry and what it means to him. View the interview below.

Dominique Watson (DW): How did you get into poetry and short story writing?

Charles Johnson (CJ): Basiclly, I use to write poems when i was younger but stopped. I started writing again last year with the breakup of my marrage.

DW: What type of poetry do you enjoy writing?

CJ: I enjoy writng poem about how i feel and also poems to encourage people

DW: What genre of short story do your write?

CJ: I really dont write short stories except the one that i wrote concerning my first Thanksgivng alone called Why Should I Be Thankful ?Which is a true story. I may try to write another one in the near future

DW: Are any of your books poetry or short story?

CJ: I more so write poetry at this point

DW: What advice would you give a beginning poetry writer?

CJ: Write what you feel. Put your feelings into your poetry, Make the poem a part of you.

DW: What have you found the most pleasing about writing poetry and short story?

CJ: It lets me release my emotions and feelings out so i can express them. Also, I hope that my writings are an encouargement to others.

DW: When do you find the time to write?

CJ: For me since i'm self-employed just about anytime works for me.

I love poetry ! For me it gives me the freedom to express myself to the world in a way that i couldn't share any other way. I'm just really getting into short stories, So there's not much i can say except that it's another form of expression for me.

Advice from one poetry writer to another and I must say poetry writing is so relaxing. It helps me relieve a lot of tension. (That is the title of my first poetry book)

So what did you think of the interview? Was it helpful as a beginning author? Leave your comments below.

Announcement! From A Writers POV has started giving free online writing course. Registration began yesterday and will end on Saturday. If you are interested in taking a few online writing course, check out the website: http://povonlinewritingcourses.webs.com/

Poetry Tip
The poetry writing industry is very competitive. Everyone is writing some type of poetry. Find companies that publish your type of work and do the best at what you do!

Signing Off,

Dominique Watson