Check out The POV Lounge Main Website for contests and upcoming events.

http://thepovlounge.webs.com/

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Get to know the contributing writers of From a Poetic POV; Dominique Watson

At the last minute, I decided to participate in From a Poetic POV. In all honesty, I have a lot going on and didn't think I would have the time. But on the very last day that Don was accepting submissions, I decided to participate. Poetry is my first love no matter what. When I was a little girl, my first writings began with poetry and then stories.


I decided to participate in the compilation because for one, what type of publisher/owner would I be if I didn't participate in my magazine's project and second, I love poetry and I thought it would be a great idea to showcase my work.


As I said before, not only do I write poetry but short stories and novels. I love to create a different inspirational but true story. I've already published four books. My next book "Too Much Untold" will be my first Urban Fiction Novel.


I believe that I will bring a variety of flavor to the book. I like to write about my life. I like to inspire. I like to write about love and relationships and I like to be conceited in a funny kind of way. I believe I provide a great balance for all the readers.


For me to write poetry it's an outlet. My first poetry book was called "The Tension Reliever" I believe that's what I do, relieve tension and I believe that my poems give people the sense that they are not alone. They give them a little but of laughter as well.


I'm truly excited about this project and I hope that you all will be sure to get a copy in August.


Here's a sample of a poem you will see in the book:


“I know you think of me”
I know you think of me when I sleep
In the middle of the night when I dream
I know you think of me when I cry
When I can't understand why


The book is due in August


Signing Off,

Dominique Watson