Check out The POV Lounge Main Website for contests and upcoming events.

http://thepovlounge.webs.com/

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Developing your Character

I received an email the other day about developing characters and I wanted to share it with you all. Here's the question:
"My question is that your characters are easy to read and develop an understanding of. Does that come from experience or is there a trick to putting such life, realism and credibility into a character?"
My response:
"When creating characters, I try to create someone that's relatable. Someone that I know my characters will be able to understand. Some characters I know but most of them are for me to create someone I know people can relate to.
The characters truly depend on what what your storyline is about and what you're trying to get across to your readers. I always pick someone that's normal but has a flaw, as we all do. Sometimes I like to create people that need a change. So through out the story they will have to change. I think developing your character depends on what you are trying to tell in your story.
Some people create characters before they create storylines again it all depends on you and what you are trying to create."
Before we end today's blog...
Do you have a writers question? Looking for advice and tips on a writing subject you have not seen here yet? Contact me and I'll answer it here for you!http://fromawriterspov.webs.com/yourrequests.htm
Signing Off,
Dominique